About This Course
The course is dedicated to mastering communication skills (Oratory, communicative flexibility, culture of speech, adaptive behavior in a conflict situation, skills of criticism and self-criticism.).
Goals and Objectives of the Course in Terms of Competences and Skills
The goal is the development of communication skills.
Content of competencies:
1) Verbal communication is aimed at mastering the skills of oral culture, oratorical skills, speech presentation and self-presentation, skills in providing a logical and compositional presentation of speech messages.
2) Written communication is aimed at mastering the skills of written culture, the ability to work with official documentation, skills of stylistics and text editing, with skills of writing written works of various levels, including scientific: an essay, an analytical report, a scientific article, a monograph, a collective manual, which necessary for effective communication in scientific and professional activities, as well as collaboration skills.
3) Non-verbal communication is associated with mastering the skills of non-verbal culture, knowledge of classification types of gestures and postures, facial expressions, the ability to develop a communicative interaction strategy, based on the non-verbal characteristics of the interlocutor.
4) Digital communication implies mastering the skills of media culture, knowledge in the field of media technologies, skills of using information and communication methods, techniques and means in the communication process.
5) Professional communication in a foreign language (i.e. English) implies mastering the skills of a linguistic culture, knowledge of language norms and the regulated use of speech patterns in the communicative process, mastering various foreign languages necessary for effective communication.
As a result of mastering this training module, students are able to achieve the following skills:
- effective interpersonal interaction;
- non-conflict communication with representatives of different nationalities;
- establishment of verbal and non-verbal contacts in training and professional activities;
- demonstrating the skills of competent writing and editing documents;
- interaction in the media world, the use of ICT;
- interaction with carriers of other languages and cultures;
- implementation of research projects, including international ones;
- owning innovative educational technologies;
- various diagnostic procedures and sociometric studies
Course Plan and Workload
1. Communication as a process and academic discipline
2. The approaches and principles of the communicative process with the use of ICT tools
3. Critical thinking and creativity in pedagogical and scientific activity
4. Communication in the professional activity of the teacher
5. Non-verbal communication. The role of non-verbal communication in the activities of the teacher
6. Technology communication for lecture and practical classes
Percentage based, max. 100%
Peer review, feedback survey upon the finish of the course
In order to start obtaining this module students need to:
- be able to work with electronic educational resources (general Internet resources, educational portals of universities, etc.);
- possess the basic norms of culture of speech;
- have intercultural communication skills.
Studied in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (bachelor studies 2011-2015, master studies 2015-2017)
Researcher in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (computer science department, 2017 onwards)
01.09.2015 onwards - Teacher in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (computer science department)
20.09.2017 – 10.10.2018 - Specialist in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (ICT center)
10.10.2018 – 30.09.2019 - Specialist in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (Distance learning center)
01.10.2019 onwards - Head of department in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (Career building and innovation center)
01.10.2019 onwards - Project manager in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (project title “Enhancing employment abilities of last year female students in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki”)
Specialty: Teacher of English. Economist
Studied in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (Specialist/Master studies on English Philology 2004-2009, master studies on Economic & Management 2016-2018)
Researcher in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (Foreign Philology and their teaching methods department, 2019 onwards)
01.09.2008 onwards - Teacher in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (Foreign Philology department)
17.09.2012 – 10.10.2016 - Specialist in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (International Relations Department)
13.04.2019 onwards - Head of department in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (International Relations Department)
01.10.2019 onwards - Project manager in Kulob State University named after A.Rudaki (project title “EXTEND”, “PAWER”)
Specialty: Philology (1996-2001); clinical psychology (2006-2009); archival and document management (2018).
Studied at Magnitogorsk State University (Magnitogorsk, Chelyabinsk Region), St. Petersburg Engineering and Economics University (St. Petersburg). From 2002 to the present, she has been working at the Department of Pedagogical Education and Documentation at the Institute for Humanitarian Education at Magnitogorsk State Technical University.
01/09/2001 - 07/30/2004 - Teacher of Russian language and literature at the Magnitogorsk Academic Lyceum (Magnitogorsk)
01/09/2002 - 11/12/2011 - Assistant Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, Department of Pedagogy and Psychology, Magnitogorsk State Technical University (Magnitogorsk)
12/11/2011 -09/09/2014 - Director of the Center for Educational Work of Magnitogorsk State Technical University
01/09/2014 onwards - Associate Professor, Department of Pedagogical Education and Documentation, Family Psychologist at the Center for Family Medicine, Magnitogorsk, Director of the EXTEND Center, MSTU (Magnitogorsk)
Specialty: Еngineering (1985-1991)
Studied in Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University; Philology (1992-1993)
Studied in Magnitogorskiy gosudarstvennyy pedagogcheskiy institute
From 2002 to the present, she has been working at the Department of Pedagogical Education and Documentation at the Institute for Humanitarian Education at Magnitogorsk State Technical University
01.09.1993 - 01.08.1995 - Ppsychologist at school number 58
01.08.1995 – 01.09.2000 - Assistant of the Department of Philosophy
01.09.2000 – 21.07.2010 - Senior Lecturer, Department of Pedagogy and Psychology
21.07.2010 – 01.09.2014 - Associate Professor, Department of Pedagogy and Psychology
01.09.2014 onwards - Associate Professor, Department of Pedagogical Education and Documentation, Psychologist, Magnitogorsk, MSTU (Magnitogorsk)
Frequently Asked Questions
What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
See our list of supported browsers for the most up-to-date information.
Your answer would be displayed here.